Last updated: April 13, 2018
How and why we obtain personal information
bSolo takes great care to protect personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to provide the Services, including maintaining and protecting your Account; direct or initiate transactions in your Account; respond to inquiries from you and fulfill your requests; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal requirements. Fidelity may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- Information entered by you through the Services or provided to us in connection with your Account;
- Any applications or forms submitted to bSolo;
- Activity related to your Account;
- Other interactions with bSolo (for example, discussions with our customer service staff);
- Information from other third-party data services (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your product and service needs);
- Information regarding preferences;
- Other sources with your consent.
How we protect information about you
bSolo considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
At bSolo, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
How we share information about you with third parties
bSolo does not share personal information about our customers with unaffiliated third parties for use in marketing their products and services. We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, printing and mailing companies, marketing service providers, and other entities who may provide services at bSolo’s direction);
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions);
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative (or as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena).
We may also share personal information you provide to us as necessary with our Providers in order to:
- Provide the Services and their functionality and related customer service to you;
- Respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Enhance, improve, and modify our current products and services, and develop new products and services;
- Conduct data analysis and identify usage trends;
- Conduct audits;
- Provide fraud and security monitoring;, and
- Provide personalized services based on your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Our Providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by Fidelity. We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Privacy, security, and service in bSolo’s online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect bSolo accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you interact with us through online channels (for example, websites and mobile applications) bSolo manages personal information in accordance with all of the practices and safeguards described previously.
When you visit bSolo website, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as device type, browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on Fidelity websites. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your online session, facilitating site navigation, improving bSolo’s website design and functionality, and personalizing your experience on Fidelity websites. Additionally, the following policies and practices apply when you are online.
Cookies and similar technologies
You can refuse or delete cookies. Most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse a cookie when on a bSolo website, or if you delete cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of bSolo websites. For example, you may not be able to sign in and access your account, or we may not be able to recognize you, your device, or your online preferences.
Advertising on non-bSolo websites
bSolo and these third-party online advertising companies may use the data collected, along with to serve relevant ads to you. The advertisements may be relevant to your interests, as determined by your activity on bSolo and non-bSolo websites. These are known as “interest-based advertisements.”
Connecting with bSolo on social media sites
Protecting children’s privacy online
bSolo websites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). bSolo does not intentionally collect information on bSolo websites from those we actually know are under 18, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the sites.
If you are a former customer, these policies also apply to you; we treat your information with the same care as we do information about current customers.